Safe Routes to School Boston is a city-wide effort to promote walking and biking to school and to support and rally neighborhoods and the community as a whole to work toward making walking to school safe, popular, and fun.
BENEFITS TO STUDENTS
- More Physical Activity and improved fitness
- Improved academic performance
- Better social, emotional, and physical health
- Greater independence
- Lifelong skills and habits
BENEFITS FOR ALL
- Safer walking and biking environments
- Less traffic congestion
- Improved air quality
- Cost savings
- Improved family and community engagement
Schools can plug into Safe Routes to School Boston through a number of avenues:
1216 Dorchester Ave.
Boston, MA 02125