Each year, thousands of volunteers dedicate time and resources to making Boston Public Schools healthier and more sustainable places to learn, and BPS is truly grateful for the support of volunteers.
If you or your group is interested in leading a volunteer project at a Boston Public School, please refer to the following steps and resources for ensuring a safe and successful volunteer project.
Required Project Forms
All volunteer projects taking place at Boston Public Schools must have support from the school leadership, sign-off from BPS Facilities Management, and a project organizer assigned to be onsite during the project.
Before beginning a volunteer project, the project organizer must submit all forms found in the Superintendent Circular FMT-17 Facilities Management Volunteer Projects to BPS Facilities Management. Volunteer projects cannot be approved if any forms are missing.
- Review circular.
- Complete Boston Public Schools Facilities Management Volunteer Project Permit
- Complete Boston Public Schools Facilities Management Permit Request
- Review of Terms & Conditions
- Review of Allowable and Non-Allowable Projects
- Complete Volunteer Release of Liability and Indemnity Contract- every volunteer must sign
All completed forms must be sent to Maria Lew-Houston, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact:
Facilities Management Mailing
1216 Dorchester Avenue, Boston, MA 02125