BPS is committed to providing high-performing school buildings and grounds that are clean, in good repair, have healthy indoor air quality and water quality, have sanitary and accessible bathrooms, and use resources efficiently.
BPS strives to provide adequate facilities for physical activity that are accessible and culturally-inclusive learning environments that positively impact the productivity, health, and wellness of all students and staff. To address environmental risk factors for chronic and infectious disease, each school receives an Annual Environmental Audit to evaluate health and safety conditions such as leaks, mold, pests, chemical storage and cleanliness.
Incorporate Healthy School Environment into your School Wellness Council Action Plan, based on the Healthy School Environment Section of the District Wellness Policy (page 9). Topics include:
– Green Cleaners
– Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
– Trash and Recycling
– Infection Prevention & Control
– Tobacco Free Environmental Policy
– School Environmental Inspections/Audits
– Student Safety/Health in School Shops
– BPS Water Policy
– Laboratories and Chemical Inventory “Right to Know” Law
– Idling of buses and other motor vehicles on school property
1216 Dorchester Ave.
Boston, MA 02125