The City has some ambitious but attainable climate goals to maintain an equitable and livable community for current and future generations. To support this effort, Boston Public Schools has launched the Energy Conservation Challenge. Twenty schools (map below) have signed up to participate in a chance to earn money by reducing energy and water waste in February and March. Thank you all for showing leadership in environmental stewardship, and good luck!
- Samuel Adams Elementary School
- Baldwin Early Learning Pilot Academy
- Ludwig van Beethoven Elementary School
- Boston Adult Technical Academy
- Boston Green Academy
- Boston Latin Academy
- Boston Latin School
- Dever Elementary School
- Excel High School
- E. Greenwood School
- Dennis Haley School
- Harvard-Kent Elementary School
- James W. Hennigan Elementary School
- Horace Mann School for the Deaf
- Lee Academy Pilot School
- John W. McCormack Middle School
- William Ohrenberger School
- John D. O’Bryant School of Mathematics and Science
- Josiah Quincy Elementary
- Franklin D. Roosevelt K–8 School
If your school is interested in registering, it’s not too late! The contest runs through the end of March.
P.S. Remember to power-down and unplug appliances whenever they aren’t needed, but especially before vacations and weekends.